Author Topic: The kmw5 thread.  (Read 13964 times)

anster-lad

The kmw5 thread.
« on: Tue, Jun 18, 2013, 16:02 PM »
Hi.

Where are you from?

What is your favourite KC song?

Who is your favourite AETC artist?

Bye x

Dubster

Re: The kmw5 thread.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, Jun 18, 2013, 16:36 PM »
Hi.

Where are you from?
St.Andrews

Impossible to choose, there are too many, plus it changes regularly but if you twisted my arm Marguerita Red and Locked Together are up there as is Third Swan.  And then there's Lavendar Moon and The Racket They Made but they probably don't count as K.C didn't write them.  Sorry, no I cant choose
its a tie between K.C and G.B

Bye x

Dubster

« Reply #2 on: Tue, Jun 18, 2013, 16:43 PM »
I didn't understand this thread title, Anster Lad, I thought you were asking everyone... then I stumble across your other thread and everything becomes clear.  So obviously you don't give a monkeys where I come from, what my favourite K.C. song is or who my favourite member of the AETC is.  Damn you, I just wasted five minutes thinking of answers to two of those questions, five minutes I could have spent doing something else. 

Kimmers

« Reply #3 on: Tue, Jun 18, 2013, 16:45 PM »
Hi.

Where are you from?
Edinburgh

Quite difficult to choose. 678 and Locked Together are some of my favorites, but Bubble has a special place in my heart (first heard KC when he was playing with Jon Hopkins).

KC

Kimmers

« Reply #4 on: Tue, Jun 18, 2013, 16:46 PM »
I didn't understand this thread title, Anster Lad, I thought you were asking everyone... then I stumble across your other thread and everything becomes clear.  So obviously you don't give a monkeys where I come from, what my favourite K.C. song is or who my favourite member of the AETC is.  Damn you, I just wasted five minutes thinking of answers to two of those questions, five minutes I could have spent doing something else. 

Well, I care. And anyone could/ should answer. Since I'm new I can get to know people better, and I'm ok sharing the thread.  :)

Dubster

« Reply #5 on: Tue, Jun 18, 2013, 17:03 PM »

Well, I care. And anyone could/ should answer. Since I'm new I can get to know people better, and I'm ok sharing the thread.  :)

Aw thanks, KMW5. Nice to meet you..

anster-lad

« Reply #6 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 08:51 AM »

Well, this is fine. I am interested. As far as I remember, you are a St Andrews girl but moved down south? Am I right or am I left?

This can be about everybody.

anster-lad

« Reply #7 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 08:51 AM »

How kind of you xx

Dubster

« Reply #8 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 09:02 AM »

Well, this is fine. I am interested. As far as I remember, you are a St Andrews girl but moved down south? Am I right or am I left?

You are indeed right.  Born and bred St.Andrews, moved to London after graduation, married a Londoner (20 years ago, phew!).  Stumbled across the whole Fence shenanigans after re-connecting with Kenny at a school reunion in St.Andrews in 2010.  There, that's me.  Next?

Dubster

« Reply #9 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 09:11 AM »

You are indeed right.  Born and bred St.Andrews, moved to London after graduation, married a Londoner (20 years ago, phew!).  Stumbled across the whole Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) shenanigans after re-connecting with Kenny at a school reunion in St.Andrews in 2010.  There, that's me.  Next?

ooh, that's weird!! When you type 'Fence' it adds the bit about Kenny - cool!!  By the way Anster Lad, have we ever met in person????

Jackie

« Reply #10 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 09:30 AM »
Hi kmw5
I am from Newcastle Upon Tyne now living near Melton Mowbray
Favourite KC song - very hard to choose but either A Month Of Firsts or Impossible To Resist.  Probably the former if I was really pressed to make a decision.
I love all the AETC members
Hope to meet you at an AETC event.
oh and I first came across KC at the Summer Sundae Festival (which sadly is no more) in Leicester in either 2005 or 2006

Jackie

« Reply #11 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 09:31 AM »
or maybe John Taylors Month Away come to think of it
---- question too difficult!!

Dubster

« Reply #12 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 09:46 AM »
or maybe John Taylors Month Away come to think of it
---- question too difficult!!

Ha!  I'm with you on that Jackie!  (p.s. got All Maps Welcome yesterday - ace ;))

anster-lad

« Reply #13 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 10:01 AM »

You are indeed right.  Born and bred St.Andrews, moved to London after graduation, married a Londoner (20 years ago, phew!).  Stumbled across the whole Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) shenanigans after re-connecting with Kenny at a school reunion in St.Andrews in 2010.  There, that's me.  Next?

ooh, that's weird!! When you type 'Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995)' it adds the bit about Kenny - cool!!  By the way Anster Lad, have we ever met in person????

I don't think so, I think you were pointed out to me at Eye of the Doggy-woggy (if you were even there), but didn't meet. If it wasn't you, it was someone else. Do you have long dark hair?

Kimmers

« Reply #14 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Happy to get people posting here.  ;D
So here's a question...what was your favorite KC show?

I've only been to 1 so far; it was Jon Hopkins + KC in Philadelphia, USA (full disclosure: I immigrated to Ed last summer). Like JH's other stuff, so went to this show to see what it was about, and I was completely blown away by KC's voice. DH and I had a pint with him and JH after the show as well.
Really looking forward to the Queen's Hall (the first show, not the memorial) show. I would rather go to one of the festival shows, but money's tight at the moment, so I figured this was the best way.