Author Topic: The kmw5 thread.  (Read 13932 times)

Kimmers

Re: The kmw5 thread.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 10:16 AM »
Hi kmw5
I am from Newcastle Upon Tyne now living near Melton Mowbray
Favourite KC song - very hard to choose but either A Month Of Firsts or Impossible To Resist.  Probably the former if I was really pressed to make a decision.
I love all the AETC members
Hope to meet you at an AETC event.
oh and I first came across KC at the Summer Sundae Festival (which sadly is no more) in Leicester in either 2005 or 2006
Awesome! I've yet to hear more AETC members, but I'll have to get on that.  ;)

anster-lad

« Reply #16 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 10:38 AM »
Happy to get people posting here.  ;D
So here's a question...what was your favorite KC show?

I've only been to 1 so far; it was Jon Hopkins + KC in Philadelphia, USA (full disclosure: I immigrated to Ed last summer). Like JH's other stuff, so went to this show to see what it was about, and I was completely blown away by KC's voice. DH and I had a pint with him and JH after the show as well.
Really looking forward to the Queen's Hall (the first show, not the memorial) show. I would rather go to one of the festival shows, but money's tight at the moment, so I figured this was the best way.

Couldn't pick just one, but most beautiful KC moment was when he opened his set at Pittenweem Arts festival.....2006? It was Leslie which then blended into Going Gone. One man and his accordion.

Do you like the Philedelphia Eagles?

Kimmers

« Reply #17 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 10:46 AM »
Happy to get people posting here.  ;D
So here's a question...what was your favorite KC show?

I've only been to 1 so far; it was Jon Hopkins + KC in Philadelphia, USA (full disclosure: I immigrated to Ed last summer). Like JH's other stuff, so went to this show to see what it was about, and I was completely blown away by KC's voice. DH and I had a pint with him and JH after the show as well.
Really looking forward to the Queen's Hall (the first show, not the memorial) show. I would rather go to one of the festival shows, but money's tight at the moment, so I figured this was the best way.

Couldn't pick just one, but most beautiful KC moment was when he opened his set at Pittenweem Arts festival.....2006? It was Leslie which then blended into Going Gone. One man and his accordion.

Do you like the Philedelphia Eagles?

That sounds awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to get to some festivals over the next year.

Philadelphia Eagles....well, kinda. I was a fan quite a few years ago (~2003-2006 era), but as time went on I had moved to another city. It isn't as much fun watching the games if your buddies aren't around. The DH, being Scottish, had little interest in American football (having now watched some rugby, I can see why!).  ::)

fuctifano

« Reply #18 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 11:19 AM »
what is the DH?

czefski

« Reply #19 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 11:24 AM »
what is the DH?

Designated Hitter, it's a baseball term, used in the American League only. Not sure what it's got to do with not liking American Football though.

Kimmers

« Reply #20 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 11:27 AM »
what is the DH?

Designated Hitter, it's a baseball term, used in the American League only. Not sure what it's got to do with not liking American Football though.
Here I'm using it as an abbreviation for "dear husband."   ;)

anster-lad

« Reply #21 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Philadelphia Eagles....well, kinda. I was a fan quite a few years ago (~2003-2006 era), but as time went on I had moved to another city. It isn't as much fun watching the games if your buddies aren't around. The DH, being Scottish, had little interest in American football (having now watched some rugby, I can see why!).  ::)

I play rugby but NFL's my fave. New York Jets fan, gutted at the loss of Tebow....

Kimmers

« Reply #22 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 11:34 AM »

I play rugby but NFL's my fave. New York Jets fan, gutted at the loss of Tebow....
Wow! Really? That's cool. From what I've seen/heard there's a lot of disdain for American football from the British. As long as you're not a Giants or Cowboys fan!!  :P Can't stand 'em!

anster-lad

« Reply #23 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 11:43 AM »

Wow! Really? That's cool. From what I've seen/heard there's a lot of disdain for American football from the British. As long as you're not a Giants or Cowboys fan!!  :P Can't stand 'em!

Czefski (who I once Tebowed) might sense the same, but the British always say it's too "Stop-starty" without really giving it a chance. There is no better sport to watch with a group of mates in my opinion, and the stops aloow the fan to break down the play and discuss etc. My rugby mates mock it because of "all the padding" they wear.

Sorry for turning this into an American Football thread :)

Kimmers

« Reply #24 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 12:08 PM »

Czefski (who I once Tebowed) might sense the same, but the British always say it's too "Stop-starty" without really giving it a chance. There is no better sport to watch with a group of mates in my opinion, and the stops aloow the fan to break down the play and discuss etc. My rugby mates mock it because of "all the padding" they wear.

Sorry for turning this into an American Football thread :)

No worries. DH ("dear husband") complains of all the commercials between every play; the game lasts too long, etc. When I watched with my friends, it isn't just about the sport - it's more of a reason to gather, drink beer, eat pizza, and yell at the bad calls. And half-time allows you to get more provisions.  ;D What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
My complaint with rugby and football is that they go constantly. If you leave for a pee break you might miss the exciting bit.

czefski

« Reply #25 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 12:54 PM »
Hi kmw5
I am from Newcastle Upon Tyne now living near Melton Mowbray
Favourite KC song - very hard to choose but either A Month Of Firsts or Impossible To Resist.  Probably the former if I was really pressed to make a decision.
I love all the AETC members
Hope to meet you at an AETC event.
oh and I first came across KC at the Summer Sundae Festival (which sadly is no more) in Leicester in either 2005 or 2006
Awesome! I've yet to hear more AETC members, but I'll have to get on that.  ;)

Withered Hand is a friend of AETC that you should definitely check out if you haven't already. Also Gummi Bako, Lidh & BEAM.

I got into KC after I'd been booted out of the Church of Scientology for calling Tom Cruise an old poove. I was looking for a new creed to follow and heard about the Fence cult in Fife, I signed up immediately.

Favourite KC song varies from week to week, at the moment it's Carry on Dancing. Home In A Sentence was my KC track on my list at my Desert Island Discs party.

So many amazing KC gigs, the Ship gig last year where Anster Lad Tebow'ed me was a definite highlight as was another Ship gig a few weeks previous.

Dubster

« Reply #26 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 13:21 PM »
I didn't understand this thread title, Anster Lad, I thought you were asking everyone... then I stumble across your other thread and everything becomes clear.  So obviously you don't give a monkeys where I come from, what my favourite K.C. song is or who my favourite member of the AETC is.  Damn you, I just wasted five minutes thinking of answers to two of those questions, five minutes I could have spent doing something else.

Well, this is fine. I am interested. As far as I remember, you are a St Andrews girl but moved down south? Am I right or am I left?

This can be about everybody.

You are indeed right.  Born and bred St.Andrews, moved to London after graduation, married a Londoner (20 years ago, phew!).  Stumbled across the whole Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) shenanigans after re-connecting with Kenny at a school reunion in St.Andrews in 2010.  There, that's me.  Next?

ooh, that's weird!! When you type 'Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995)' it adds the bit about Kenny - cool!!  By the way Anster Lad, have we ever met in person????

I don't think so, I think you were pointed out to me at Eye of the Doggy-woggy (if you were even there), but didn't meet. If it wasn't you, it was someone else. Do you have long dark hair?
um yes that may have been me - did they say "thats Dubster with the long dark hair, stay away from her, she's a nutter, particularly after a few drinks..." lets just say i am cursed with the over-enthusiasm gene (i blame my Dad, God rest his soul).

fuctifano

« Reply #27 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 13:33 PM »
fence

Ha, so it does!!

Dubster

« Reply #28 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 13:34 PM »
Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995)

Ha, so it does!!

so you didn't believe me, eh?  Calling me a liar, eh?  Just you wait 'til the next Beefball.... ;D

Kimmers

« Reply #29 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 13:36 PM »
Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995)

Ha, so it does!!

so you didn't believe me, eh?  Calling me a liar, eh?  Just you wait 'til the next Beefball.... ;D
Beefball? Pray tell, what is that?  :o