Author Topic: The kmw5 thread.  (Read 13904 times)

Deegers

Re: The kmw5 thread.
« Reply #30 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 14:16 PM »
Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995)

Ha, so it does!!

so you didn't believe me, eh?  Calling me a liar, eh?  Just you wait 'til the next Beefball.... ;D
Beefball? Pray tell, what is that?  :o

Hello Jim!

Uncle Ellwyn

« Reply #31 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 14:26 PM »
Happy to get people posting here.  ;D
So here's a question...what was your favorite KC show?

I've only been to 1 so far; it was Jon Hopkins + KC in Philadelphia, USA (full disclosure: I immigrated to Ed last summer). Like JH's other stuff, so went to this show to see what it was about, and I was completely blown away by KC's voice. DH and I had a pint with him and JH after the show as well.
Really looking forward to the Queen's Hall (the first show, not the memorial) show. I would rather go to one of the festival shows, but money's tight at the moment, so I figured this was the best way.

Hi kmw5, old Uncle E here.  We have actually met each other although we didn't know it.
Confused?
Mrs E and I were at the Philly show that night, and sat up front on the right. Cool coincidence!
I'm from Michigan, moved to NC in 1986 and hope to move out of the states some day.
I discovered the Lone Pigeon and The Aliens in 2000, and learned about fence from googling Gordon Anderson.  Then I met KC, Kid Canaveral and Withered Hand at SXSW in 2011.
Mrs E and I went to the AwayGame in 2012 and met many of the lovely people of the AETC on that trip.  Alas, we missed Dubster and AnsterLad, but hope to meet them (and you!) next year some time.  We are planning a two week Scotland trip and hope to be able to have it coincide with a festival.
My favorite KC song is "I Fly by the Seat of My Pants"
Favorite KC song that Kenny didn't write is "Solid Ground" which is lovely. 
(Have you heard it Jackie?)
Smiles!

Jah

« Reply #32 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 14:40 PM »
Hi I'm jah. Been to loads of the gigs and got a lot of the albums. Don't have a favourite.  Peace.

funky_nomad

« Reply #33 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 15:01 PM »
Don't have a favourite Peace.
I'm a big fan of the intro to "In Our Time", but it goes downhill a bit after that.

Kimmers

« Reply #34 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 15:03 PM »
Happy to get people posting here.  ;D
So here's a question...what was your favorite KC show?

I've only been to 1 so far; it was Jon Hopkins + KC in Philadelphia, USA (full disclosure: I immigrated to Ed last summer). Like JH's other stuff, so went to this show to see what it was about, and I was completely blown away by KC's voice. DH and I had a pint with him and JH after the show as well.
Really looking forward to the Queen's Hall (the first show, not the memorial) show. I would rather go to one of the festival shows, but money's tight at the moment, so I figured this was the best way.

Hi kmw5, old Uncle E here.  We have actually met each other although we didn't know it.
Confused?
Mrs E and I were at the Philly show that night, and sat up front on the right. Cool coincidence!
I'm from Michigan, moved to NC in 1986 and hope to move out of the states some day.
I discovered the Lone Pigeon and The Aliens in 2000, and learned about Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) from googling Gordon Anderson.  Then I met KC, Kid Canaveral and Withered Hand at SXSW in 2011.
Mrs E and I went to the AwayGame in 2012 and met many of the lovely people of the AETC on that trip.  Alas, we missed Dubster and AnsterLad, but hope to meet them (and you!) next year some time.  We are planning a two week Scotland trip and hope to be able to have it coincide with a festival.
My favorite KC song is "I Fly by the Seat of My Pants"
Favorite KC song that Kenny didn't write is "Solid Ground" which is lovely. 
(Have you heard it Jackie?)
Smiles!

Uncle E - that is so weird. This is really embarrassing...you might have remembered a drunk guy who sounded like he was heckling KC at one point? Well, that was one of my friends. He was so excited to see JH that he drank waaaay too much; he wasn't heckling, but he was drunk to the point that he couldn't speak efficiently. :o DH and I wanted to disappear into our shoes! We were sitting up front to the left. Fortunately we hung back, and KC saw we weren't heckling at all. So embarrassing.  :-[

funky_nomad

« Reply #35 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 15:05 PM »
It's a full-contact non-sport played by drunken, overweight, middle-aged man-boys, cheered on by a dedicated band of masochistic weirdos, often in the rain. Brollies expressly forbidden (got that, Deegers?!?!?!).

funky_nomad

« Reply #36 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 15:06 PM »
Oh, and "hullo".

I'm Funky. In all senses of the word.

michi_p

« Reply #37 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 15:28 PM »
hi. i'm mike. i'm still reasonably new to this as well. i've been in scotland for almost eleven years now...and they went by in no time at all.
but although i've been introduced to kc back in 2004 i didn't manage to get properly on board until early last year.
there are still too many songs that i don't know to pick a favorite. but every gig i go to there is at least one new song that totally takes me by surprise. and then i usually try to track it down, just to realize that it's nowhere to be found (at least temporarily...since i am positively hoping for some re-releases)

anster-lad

« Reply #38 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 15:43 PM »
hi. i'm mike. i'm still reasonably new to this as well. i've been in scotland for almost eleven years now...and they went by in no time at all.
but although i've been introduced to kc back in 2004 i didn't manage to get properly on board until early last year.
there are still too many songs that i don't know to pick a favorite. but every gig i go to there is at least one new song that totally takes me by surprise. and then i usually try to track it down, just to realize that it's nowhere to be found (at least temporarily...since i am positively hoping for some re-releases)

Where are you from originally?

michi_p

« Reply #39 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 16:55 PM »

Where are you from originally?

Oh. yes. I forgot. I'm from hamburg. moved to Edinburgh in 2002. Best decision so far.

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #40 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 17:14 PM »
Hi.

Where are you from?

What is your favourite KC song?

Who is your favourite AETC artist?

Bye x

Hi, I'm Paula, I'm a Capricorn  ;)  Live just outside Edinburgh but grew up near Boston.  A Scotsman stole me away and made me fall in love with him - he's very persuasive  ;D  I got into Fence bands via KT Tunstall (and Nat!) and I've been coming along to gigs and collecting music for a few years now.  I still don't know that much King Creosote cos I more recently confirmed to myself how much I like his music  ;)  Think my fave song is 'Third Swan' (right now) and my fave gig may be him on his lonesome with an acoustic guitar supporting and playing with Kid Canaveral in the Wee Red Bar about 2 years ago...

Kimmers

« Reply #41 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 17:56 PM »
Hi.

Where are you from?

What is your favourite KC song?

Who is your favourite AETC artist?

Bye x

Hi, I'm Paula, I'm a Capricorn  ;)  Live just outside Edinburgh but grew up near Boston.  A Scotsman stole me away and made me fall in love with him - he's very persuasive  ;D  I got into Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) bands via KT Tunstall (and Nat!) and I've been coming along to gigs and collecting music for a few years now.  I still don't know that much King Creosote cos I more recently confirmed to myself how much I like his music  ;)  Think my fave song is 'Third Swan' (right now) and my fave gig may be him on his lonesome with an acoustic guitar supporting and playing with Kid Canaveral in the Wee Red Bar about 2 years ago...

A fellow American expat. :) How long have you been living in Scotland?

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #42 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 19:55 PM »

18 years this month  :o   How long have you been here again?

Kimmers

« Reply #43 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 20:58 PM »

18 years this month  :o   How long have you been here again?
Only a year. :) I'm just a newbie all around.  :P

Glyn

« Reply #44 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 21:36 PM »
It's a full-contact non-sport played by drunken, overweight, middle-aged man-boys, cheered on by a dedicated band of masochistic weirdos, often in the rain. Brollies expressly forbidden (got that, Deegers?!?!?!).
Who you calling overweight? Beefball is a top level sporting contest! Oh hi everybody.