Author Topic: Gravity  (Read 4543 times)

Jackie

Gravity
« on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 10:29 AM »
Went to see this last night.

Sandra Bullock falling ::)

Paul liked it and in fairness for the first and probably last time it made 3D worthwhile.

michi_p

Re: Gravity
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 10:44 AM »
Well...

I thought it looked pretty.

But that's about it.

funky_nomad

« Reply #2 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 11:03 AM »
Gravity always wins.

Deegers

« Reply #3 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 11:29 AM »

Gingerbeard

« Reply #4 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Not a fan of Bullock at all, bit of a talent vacuum really.

Though been really looking forward to this and hope she won't spoil it. If I ever make it to the cinema that is, managed to miss Avatar as well despite it clearly being something that should only be seen in the cinema.

Jackie

« Reply #5 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 11:56 AM »
Not a fan of Bullock at all, bit of a talent vacuum really.

Though been really looking forward to this and hope she won't spoil it. If I ever make it to the cinema that is, managed to miss Avatar as well despite it clearly being something that should only be seen in the cinema.
No she doesn't spoil it and yes it is one for the big screen and 3D.  Agree with michi_p that it looked pretty.

funky_nomad

Leckers

« Reply #7 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 15:12 PM »

Rusticbob

« Reply #8 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 16:20 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this - just booked tickets for the IMAX on Saturday.  I don't think there's been a film by the director that I haven't enjoyed.  Children of Men was one of my favourites from the last few years. 

3D can really work if it's not just a hack job.  Unfortunately though, that's the exception rather than the rule. Life of Pi and Hugo were great in 3D.  I'm hoping this will be too.

Jackie

« Reply #9 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 16:50 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this - just booked tickets for the IMAX on Saturday.  I don't think there's been a film by the director that I haven't enjoyed.  Children of Men was one of my favourites from the last few years. 

3D can really work if it's not just a hack job.  Unfortunately though, that's the exception rather than the rule. Life of Pi and Hugo were great in 3D.  I'm hoping this will be too.

Was Children Of Men the one with wotsit - Clive Owen?  I've not seen a film with him in it I've not hated!
Closer anyone?  - I couldnt get out of the cinema fast enough.

Rusticbob

« Reply #10 on: Wed, Nov 13, 2013, 17:23 PM »

Was Children Of Men the one with wotsit - Clive Owen?  I've not seen a film with him in it I've not hated!

Yeah - that's the one.  I'm not normally a big fan of Clive Owen either, but I thought it was great.  There were two or three big action scenes that were done in a single continuous shot.  Amazing. 

Can't wait to see this.  Bullock or no Bullock.

Kimmers

« Reply #11 on: Thu, Nov 14, 2013, 10:57 AM »

Yeah - that's the one.  I'm not normally a big fan of Clive Owen either, but I thought it was great.  There were two or three big action scenes that were done in a single continuous shot.  Amazing. 

I really liked Children of Men as well. Clive Owen's films tend to be hit or miss, but that's one of my fav dystopian movies.  :)

czefski

« Reply #12 on: Thu, Nov 14, 2013, 11:07 AM »
I looked up Clive on IMDB, the films I've seen him in are Children of Men, Inside Man, Sin City, Closer, Bourne Identity, Gosford Park, The Croupier, Close My Eyes and the tv series Chancer. I've enjoyed most of all of those films/tv prog. Lay off Clive.

Kimmers

« Reply #13 on: Thu, Nov 14, 2013, 11:27 AM »
I looked up Clive on IMDB, the films I've seen him in are Children of Men, Inside Man, Sin City, Closer, Bourne Identity, Gosford Park, The Croupier, Close My Eyes and the tv series Chancer. I've enjoyed most of all of those films/tv prog. Lay off Clive.
I adore Clive Owen, but Shoot Em Up was terrible.  :P

funky_nomad

« Reply #14 on: Thu, Nov 14, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Chancer was brilliant.