Author Topic: Question  (Read 3184 times)

Kimmers

Question
« on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 16:35 PM »
So, while I'm new to the game, it's apparent that some of you guys know each other. Was there another forum prior to this one? The forum looks to be fairly recent (everyone registered in May or June so far). If so, why did this forum start up?
« Last Edit: Thu, Jun 20, 2013, 13:22 PM by the janny »

Dubster

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 16:40 PM »
aha, the penny has dropped has it?  Yes, there is another Forum, The Beef - which you will find at www.fencerecords.com.  Yes, many of us know each other from there and have subsequently met in person at gigs having talked online on The Beef.   Dont be surprised if someone comes up to you at a Fence gig and innocently asks 'Are you on The Beef?'  Seems there are plenty of folk on The Beef who havent yet discovered the Hub, probably because they cant be arsed/dont know about sticking a stamped-addressed envelope in the post to receive the AETC newsletter...

Kimmers

« Reply #2 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 16:45 PM »
aha, the penny has dropped has it?  Yes, there is another Forum, The Beef - which you will find at www.Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995)records.com.  Yes, many of us know each other from there and have subsequently met in person at gigs having talked online on The Beef.   Dont be surprised if someone comes up to you at a Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) gig and innocently asks 'Are you on The Beef?'  Seems there are plenty of folk on The Beef who havent yet discovered the Hub, probably because they cant be arsed/dont know about sticking a stamped-addressed envelope in the post to receive the AETC newsletter...
Hmm, ok. I'm keeping it simple by sticking here. :) I'm guessing the Beef is for several bands as well?

Dubster

« Reply #3 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 16:47 PM »
aha, the penny has dropped has it?  Yes, there is another Forum, The Beef - which you will find at www.Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995)records.com.  Yes, many of us know each other from there and have subsequently met in person at gigs having talked online on The Beef.   Dont be surprised if someone comes up to you at a Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) gig and innocently asks 'Are you on The Beef?'  Seems there are plenty of folk on The Beef who havent yet discovered the Hub, probably because they cant be arsed/dont know about sticking a stamped-addressed envelope in the post to receive the AETC newsletter...
Hmm, ok. I'm keeping it simple by sticking here. :) I'm guessing the Beef is for several bands as well?

The Beef is the Forum linked to the Fence Collective.  The Collective comprises a number of artists.  Perhaps I am not the best person to explain as I'm a relative newbie, having only got into this whole malarky a few years back....anyone???

Kimmers

« Reply #4 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 16:49 PM »
aha, the penny has dropped has it?  Yes, there is another Forum, The Beef - which you will find at www.Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995)records.com.  Yes, many of us know each other from there and have subsequently met in person at gigs having talked online on The Beef.   Dont be surprised if someone comes up to you at a Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) gig and innocently asks 'Are you on The Beef?'  Seems there are plenty of folk on The Beef who havent yet discovered the Hub, probably because they cant be arsed/dont know about sticking a stamped-addressed envelope in the post to receive the AETC newsletter...

The Beef is the Forum linked to the Fence (founded by Kenny Anderson in 1995) Collective.  The Collective comprises a number of artists.  Perhaps I am not the best person to explain as I'm a relative newbie, having only got into this whole malarky a few years back....anyone???
Makes sense. I took a peek over there; think I got the gist. :)

funky_nomad

« Reply #5 on: Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 17:00 PM »
There are some right idiots on The Beef, most of whom are obsessed by shit puns.

So tread Caerphilly...

anster-lad

« Reply #6 on: Thu, Jun 20, 2013, 09:43 AM »

Kimmers

« Reply #7 on: Thu, Jun 20, 2013, 09:45 AM »
There are some right idiots on The Beef, most of whom are obsessed by shit puns.

So tread Caerphilly...
;D

Kimmers

« Reply #8 on: Thu, Jun 20, 2013, 09:47 AM »

fuctifano

« Reply #9 on: Thu, Jun 20, 2013, 10:47 AM »

So tread Caerphilly...
;D

Donut feed the animals!

santaci

« Reply #10 on: Thu, Jun 20, 2013, 17:32 PM »