18 (62.1%)
Naw
6 (20.7%)
Don't care
0 (0%)
Delete topic
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: och i the naw (maybes)  (Read 40979 times)

kwaing

Re: och i the naw (maybes)
« Reply #255 on: Sun, Sep 14, 2014, 02:19 AM »
Slightly off topic, but equally gripping - has anyone noticed an odd chemical smell to the milk now that Muller have bought up Wiseman Dairies?

Dubster

« Reply #256 on: Sun, Sep 14, 2014, 08:08 AM »
Slightly off topic, but equally gripping - has anyone noticed an odd chemical smell to the milk now that Muller have bought up Wiseman Dairies?
even more off topic, do you remember Miss Wiseman from Madras? She was part of the Wiseman Dairies dynasty.

kwaing

« Reply #257 on: Sun, Sep 14, 2014, 17:51 PM »
Better the union "dead and buried" than Scotland.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #258 on: Sun, Sep 14, 2014, 19:05 PM »

Hurray,  Vote Zombie are back!

rambling_idiot

« Reply #259 on: Sun, Sep 14, 2014, 23:08 PM »
With a few days to go until the end of the empire i am preparing my party snacks as I type. As KC would say - don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.
Seriously though - I am utterly non-plussed by my fellow countryfolks that are on the better together side - you were going to be voting for the status quo but your beloved politicians from westminster have well and truly pissed on your chips. The Union is dead and buried what ever the outcome of Thursdays vote no matter what the result.  Those wanting change are not going to shuffle off back to their wee boxes. 97% of those eligible to vote are now registered - keep your fingers crossed we get a full turn out.

Gaun yersel, Vic.

See you on the other side,

thepissartistformerlyknownasbuck.

FilthySwan

« Reply #260 on: Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 05:13 AM »
even more off topic, do you remember Miss Wiseman from Madras? She was part of the Wiseman Dairies dynasty.

even, even more off topic, i fell out of a moving wisemans milk van when i was 15 and fractured my skull.

Dubster

« Reply #261 on: Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 07:48 AM »

even, even more off topic, i fell out of a moving wisemans milk van when i was 15 and fractured my skull.
:o were you hitching a lift?

FilthySwan

« Reply #262 on: Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 08:19 AM »

I was a milk boy part time whilst at school.

I took a header out the side door at about 15-20mph whilst singing along to Space covering The Animals 'We've Gotta Get Outta This Place'. True story that.  :D

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #263 on: Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 10:36 AM »
I was a milk boy part time whilst at school.

I took a header out the side door at about 15-20mph whilst singing along to Space covering The Animals 'We've Gotta Get Outta This Place'. True story that.  :D
That explains a lot  ;)

Mine was the flat-bed truck era, where you rode along on a step at the rear-end of the truck.  Initiation at the end of your first shift (approx. 4.30am) was to be grabbed by the chest and lowered to a couple of inches from the road as the truck sped back to the farm with the empties* at 30-40mph.  Thankfully, escaped skull fractures and other such injuries from this practise.  Do still have a scar on my heid from when a crate jammed on the end of the truck as I jumped off with, as was the norm, the truck still moving and got clunked by 5 or 6 of the twelve bottles that smashed on the ground...that went down well with the neighbours at 3am.

*For younger readers, these were the days of glass milk bottles, which were returned, washed and re-used

kwaing

« Reply #264 on: Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 12:03 PM »

Been busy, saving up, converting any savings to yen, eyeing up France, that sort of thing - if it all goes tits up on friday, maybe you can rent my gaff as your holiday home?

kwaing

« Reply #265 on: Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 12:11 PM »
wink

Leckers

« Reply #266 on: Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 12:27 PM »
i've been doing the
same, but it's holland
for me.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #267 on: Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 17:27 PM »

Been busy, saving up, converting any savings to yen, eyeing up France, that sort of thing - if it all goes tits up on friday, maybe you can rent my gaff as your holiday home?

Funny enough, looking for somewhere for the bunfight.  Have they screwed your roof back on yet?  Would consider tent space.

But dinnae worry.  It's not going to go tits up ;)

Just popping out now to intimidate some No voters before teatime