Author Topic: glistening post  (Read 21419 times)

fuctifano

Re: glistening post
« Reply #15 on: Thu, Feb 27, 2014, 12:38 PM »
My favourite place to hear new music is the MoonHop! I hear it, dance a lot to it, try to find out what it is and then wake up the next day without one detail stored in the memory bank. One day I'll recall something of it.

Those fellas spend a lot of time on discogs for our pleasure!

;D ;D ;D ;D :P

hallav

« Reply #16 on: Thu, Feb 27, 2014, 12:41 PM »
I new St Vincent album was waiting for me when I got back from Crail so it got a spin yesterday. Today has been conference call after conference call so no listening done. Will start to get trough the cds I bought over the weekend at some point, starting with Endless Round....

I listened to the previous St.Vincent albums and didn't really enjoy them (see also; A.Calvi). I like the new one a lot though and Prince Johnny is the best thing Ive heard this year. Mainly because Avalanche still haven't posted my WH stuff out......

kwaing

« Reply #17 on: Fri, Feb 28, 2014, 13:41 PM »
i've been "borrowing" a fair number of CD cases from, um, old fence bestsellers, and by far the best way to remove a shrink wrap is to run any sharp edge (thumbnail, biro pen, yale key, knife, scissors, toothpick, fork prong) down the groove between the left hand edge of the front cover (if you can't find this groove, it's usually located very near the left hand edge of the CD booklet) and the right hand edge of the CD tray visible from the front.

kc albums change all the time, dubbers. planet eggz, like "loose tea", was never released beyond the first five made, largely because they contained shite versions of average songs. each and every one of my primary school reports read "kenneth would do better if he paid more attention to class and less attention to what was going on outside the window". i beg to differ.

FilthySwan

« Reply #18 on: Fri, Feb 28, 2014, 13:58 PM »

David Thomas Broughton - UnAbleTo

Dubster

« Reply #19 on: Fri, Feb 28, 2014, 14:39 PM »
largely because they contained shite versions of average songs

No, sorry, cant accept that. 

The songs on this album are neither average nor shite.

Feel free never to release it, however, as that will just push its value up on ebay for me if hard times strike  ;)

Oh, and does the Christmas freebie CD have a title (you say they all do..).  I have called it 'Includes Deductions for Strawberry Beer and Such" on my ipod.  Correct?

Jackie

« Reply #20 on: Fri, Feb 28, 2014, 15:42 PM »
each and every one of my primary school reports read "kenneth would do better if he paid more attention to class and less attention to what was going on outside the window".

My school reports all said that too - well jacqueline obviously not kenneth, sadly in my case they were probably right.

godyttops

« Reply #21 on: Fri, Feb 28, 2014, 20:39 PM »
largely because they contained shite versions of average songs

No, sorry, cant accept that. 

The songs on this album are neither average nor shite.

Feel free never to release it, however, as that will just push its value up on ebay for me if hard times strike  ;)

Oh, and does the Christmas freebie CD have a title (you say they all do..).  I have called it 'Includes Deductions for Strawberry Beer and Such" on my ipod.  Correct?

Yep, that's what I went for too

hallav

« Reply #22 on: Fri, Feb 28, 2014, 23:32 PM »

Marvellous. I even bought the cassette. Did you get a copy of his last tour EP?

A corker.

FilthySwan

« Reply #23 on: Fri, Feb 28, 2014, 23:45 PM »

Marvellous. I even bought the cassette. Did you get a copy of his last tour EP?

A corker.

Yes I did and I don't think I've ever listened to it apart from in the car on the way home that night. I'll need to find it.

Bootsfordancing

« Reply #24 on: Sat, Mar 01, 2014, 03:28 AM »
picked up the new Hatcham Social album this week "cutting up the present leaks out the future" really enjoying that...spent more time with the last Bill Callahan which came out "in dub" :O..... and working through the Harry Nilsson box - jeepers what a body of work.... minus 28 with the wind chill this morning and no end in sight..... payback for the curling no doubt :)

fuctifano

« Reply #25 on: Sun, Mar 02, 2014, 16:49 PM »

fuctifano

« Reply #26 on: Sun, Mar 02, 2014, 16:50 PM »
ooops ???

what an album though. game changer.

kwaing

« Reply #27 on: Sun, Mar 02, 2014, 16:54 PM »
could you post up the full size artwork? heh.

Deegers

« Reply #28 on: Mon, Mar 10, 2014, 21:05 PM »

rambling_idiot

« Reply #29 on: Tue, Mar 11, 2014, 10:33 AM »

That was the first, proper grown-up album that I bought.

That, and Parklife.

It was all rave tapes and Tom Wilson on Forth before that.

I won a bit of money on United beating the dead Huns in the cup final.