Author Topic: a few kc shows  (Read 28056 times)

lolsmit

• Hanx!
Re: a few kc shows
« Reply #15 on: Tue, May 06, 2014, 12:24 PM »
We've got Des "I'll take this f@ckin' bottle aff yer skull ya c@nt" Lawson in our team, so we'll not need any safety gear ....

That, and the fact that we'll have cleared outta there by 1pm at the latest  ;D
;D
Bummer, was hoping for a long lie, gonna have to get up early now!  ;)
You weren't joking  ;)

Brilliant set, great wee taster for the filum and no violence required*  8)

*The origin of the muddy bootprint on my chest next morning remains a mystery  ???

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #16 on: Tue, May 06, 2014, 14:07 PM »
http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Whats-On/Music/REVIEW-Brew-At-The-Bog-1-of-2-05052014.htm

'nought to epic in a couple of songs'  8)

notice the bit about the film being screened on BBC1 on July 13th? eh? did you? :)
« Last Edit: Tue, May 06, 2014, 14:59 PM by Captain Geeko »

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #17 on: Tue, May 06, 2014, 14:37 PM »
http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Whats-On/Music/REVIEW-Brew-At-The-Bog-1-of-2-05052014.htm

'nought to epic in a couple of songs'  8)

notice the bit about the film being screened on BBC1 on July 15th? eh? did you? :)
8)  though the piece says 13th  ???  ;)

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #18 on: Tue, May 06, 2014, 15:00 PM »
doh! thanks for that :-) aye, July 13th, NOT July 16th, July 13th!!!

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #19 on: Tue, May 06, 2014, 16:19 PM »
doh! thanks for that :-) aye, July 13th, NOT July 16th, July 13th!!!
The 12th it is then...I've videoplussed+ it so I can watch it after the walk  :P

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #20 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 09:39 AM »
I just saw this today in the Barbican email for Saturday 27 September - as I'm supposed to be in London Village hanging with my American friend who got Kate Bush tix, I am very tempted  :D
http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=16572

"King Creosote performs From Scotland with Love
A film by Virginia Heath
27 September 2014 / 20:00
Milton Court Concert Hall

Tickets:
£20 plus booking fee*

*£3 booking fee per online transaction, £4 by phone. No fee when tickets are booked in person. Click here for more information on booking fees

Red & Orange Members enjoy 20% off ticket prices for this show (subject to availability)

On sale to Red & Orange Members 10am Thu 8 May
On general sale 10am Fri 9 May
Not a Member? Join now

Love and loss, war, resistance, emigration, work and play – but most of all, Scotland. All in a film which brings out not only the vividness of the past in the present but also very much the personal.

Featuring archive footage researched over several months in the National Library of Scotland/Scottish Screen Archive, Virginia Heath’s poetic documentary From Scotland with Love is screened with live accompaniment by King Creosote and his band.

The narration is driven as much by the music as it is by images. Without voice-overs or interviews, the lives and stories of the characters – like the fisher lassie thinking about her lover who has gone to sea – are told through King Creosote's new song cycle, one of his most widescreen cinematic and finest pieces of work to date.

The film will be premiered this summer to coincide with the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and King Creosote's album From Scotland with Love will be released on Domino in July."

Glyn

« Reply #21 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Sounds doable, you fancy a London trip then Paula?

JoJ

« Reply #22 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 12:56 PM »
I've just tried to get tickets for Aberdeen and it is sold out.   >:(

If anyone hears of any tickets available can you please give me a shout.  Just caught the bit of Pauper's (Harper's) Dough and it looks like it could be the most evocative thing to watch and hear.  Especially given the times we live in.

DemonInDisguise

« Reply #23 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Does anyone know when/where 'From Scotland with Love' is is happening in Glasgow?

Based on KC's list of  various gig dates, a while ago, it seems there is a live performance (official premiere?) round about Commonwealth Games launch time. The Games website appears to have a.) A stunning lack of information, b.) The world's worst search engine, c.) both of the above (delete as appropriate).

Saw this kind of thing (sadly only on DVD) when Bill Frisell performed music accompanying a number of Buster Keaton films although that was instrumental - it'll be interesting to hear KC's songs in this new context.

Dubster

« Reply #24 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 13:53 PM »

ooh, I'm in, just need to check the calendar.  Plenty of seats at the moment but no doubt when word gets out they will go like hot cakes...

kwaing

« Reply #25 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 14:08 PM »
Does anyone know when/where 'From Scotland with Love' is is happening in Glasgow?

Based on KC's list of  various gig dates, a while ago, it seems there is a live performance (official premiere?) round about Commonwealth Games launch time. The Games website appears to have a.) A stunning lack of information, b.) The world's worst search engine, c.) both of the above (delete as appropriate).

Saw this kind of thing (sadly only on DVD) when Bill Frisell performed music accompanying a number of Buster Keaton films although that was instrumental - it'll be interesting to hear KC's songs in this new context.

Glasgow Green, July 31st, 8pm?

Jackie

« Reply #26 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 14:33 PM »

ooh, I'm in, just need to check the calendar.  Plenty of seats at the moment but no doubt when word gets out they will go like hot cakes...
I shall be speaking to my other half about this as soon as he sets foot through the door.

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #27 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 14:52 PM »

I shall be speaking to my other half about this as soon as he sets foot through the door.

As mentioned I'm already IN London that weekend :D  But I have to make sure with my pal I'm hanging out with that she wants to go ;)

The Glasgow one sounds good regardless, shall put that in my diary and take my mister  :D  Please keep us posted Kenny  :-*

DemonInDisguise

« Reply #28 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 15:44 PM »

Do you know if it's a ticketed event and, if so, where they are available?

Glasgow Green, July 31st, 8pm?

Dubster

« Reply #29 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 16:21 PM »

yay.  Mr D up for it.  tickets go on general sale tomorrow...