Author Topic: A music festival  (Read 1854 times)

stephen

A music festival
« on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 16:38 PM »
I haven't started anything on Aberfeldy yet. Any suggestions that don't involve lots of work or money?

fuctifano

Re: A music festival
« Reply #1 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 16:44 PM »
moon hop.

obv

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 17:02 PM »
We could all stand in the square in the rain again.  Nicola owns a particularly good brolly I seem to remember :)

a.heathen

• Wherever I go so does me go.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 17:51 PM »
What is it?
Or when.

I am at a Whisky festival this week.
Exciting.

rambling_idiot

« Reply #4 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 18:15 PM »
Sponsor one that already exists.

Book somewhere for the 19th of September and see who turns up.

michi_p

« Reply #5 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 19:24 PM »
what about closing the upstairs bit? the last couple of years that space was mostly occupied by people who seemed to give a toss about what's going on on stage, being mostly interested in whatever free drinks might be available (although i don't know that for a fact), and make it impossible for people who would actually like to enjoy the music, well, to enjoy it.
i had a great time both years and wouldn't really suggest to change anything but the noise level from the upstairs bit was getting in the way.

but then again: i might be the only one who was bothered by it. :o

anyway, really looking forward again this year! 8)

Brutalgoose

« Reply #6 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 22:52 PM »
what about closing the upstairs bit? the last couple of years that space was mostly occupied by people who seemed to give a toss about what's going on on stage, being mostly interested in whatever free drinks might be available (although i don't know that for a fact), and make it impossible for people who would actually like to enjoy the music, well, to enjoy it.
i had a great time both years and wouldn't really suggest to change anything but the noise level from the upstairs bit was getting in the way.

Agreed.

Also, less rain. Thankyouplease.

Jackie

« Reply #7 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 08:03 AM »

The combination of cheap alcohol and a number of people who didn't seem much interested in who was on stage did make it noisy - that aside I have really really enjoyed it both years.

stephen

« Reply #8 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 14:48 PM »

Mainly journalists upstairs. In fact, the only people who got thrown out were journalists. I do understand the problem, but i need to have journalists there or folk don't write about it and then there's no publicity and very little point in me spending money on it.
The thing is, it's meant to be a festival, and if that was in an outside tent the acoustics would be a lot worse and the talking would be a lot louder, The other thing is most of the tickets are sold locally and folk are used to going to the village hall, and they don't know the bands and they're there for a night out rather than to hear the music. I'm not sure how to fix that, sorry.

Leckers

« Reply #9 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 15:26 PM »

Mainly journalists upstairs. In fact, the only people who got thrown out were journalists.

aye, sorry about that.

stephen

« Reply #10 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 15:27 PM »

Mainly journalists upstairs. In fact, the only people who got thrown out were journalists.

aye, sorry about that.

You weren't even allowed in.

Leckers

« Reply #11 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 15:33 PM »
look, i've apologised for that
wee 'altercation' in 2012.  ;)

michi_p

« Reply #12 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 15:46 PM »

Mainly journalists upstairs. In fact, the only people who got thrown out were journalists. I do understand the problem, but i need to have journalists there or folk don't write about it and then there's no publicity and very little point in me spending money on it.
The thing is, it's meant to be a festival, and if that was in an outside tent the acoustics would be a lot worse and the talking would be a lot louder, The other thing is most of the tickets are sold locally and folk are used to going to the village hall, and they don't know the bands and they're there for a night out rather than to hear the music. I'm not sure how to fix that, sorry.

point taken. i totally understand. and the aberfeldy festival definitely deserves some write ups. it's a great event!

i had a great time both last year and the year before, and enjoyed every bit of the weekends up in aberfeldy (even the rain). for me the noise level was the only bother at times. obviously not the entire time just when someone tried to play a quieter number.
still: looking forward to it again this year.

Dubster

« Reply #13 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 17:27 PM »
move it to London so I can come?

alternatively, if you can guarantee that both K.C and Withered Hand will be playing, I will endeavour to make the long journey north for the first time......