Author Topic: King Creosote: The Queen's Hall  (Read 7044 times)

Kimmers

Re: King Creosote: The Queen's Hall
« Reply #15 on: Sun, Aug 04, 2013, 08:59 AM »
Excellent show last night! Loved the first set with the accordion, especially Leslie, My Favorite Girl, etc. During one of the more quiet songs, I'm convinced you could hear a pin drop; love it when everyone is so engrossed in the music.  :)

Leckers

« Reply #16 on: Sun, Aug 04, 2013, 14:00 PM »
wonderful sets from the kc superband last night.
so many old favourites played including space,
russian sailor, homeboy, favourite girl, friday night
in ny, month of firsts and leslie. and lovely versions
of esther's planet and  john taylor thrown also in
there. oh and a raucous happy song to close. and
wasn't it great to see the squeezebox back in action.

didn't see too many beefers, or is that hubbers now?
but good to see mr and mrs bot, mr and mrs fuctifano,
alison and alan and a quick spot of paul bouncing down
the front.

hashtagnineandahalfoutoften.

rainmaker

« Reply #17 on: Sun, Aug 04, 2013, 15:40 PM »
First post and first kC gig for me last night. What a brilliant show, too many highlights to mention. I'll be going to as many gigs that I can manage in the future

fuctifano

« Reply #18 on: Sun, Aug 04, 2013, 22:05 PM »
Another great night! Despite spilling more drink than I drank I still ended up very drunk :o

Really good to see everybody and it was nice to meet Kimmers too.

2 great sets from the kc jazz band. it really is impossible to pick any highlights cos it was all so good!  :D

8) 8) 8)

Kimmers

« Reply #19 on: Sun, Aug 04, 2013, 22:10 PM »
Another great night! Despite spilling more drink than I drank I still ended up very drunk :o

Really good to see everybody and it was nice to meet Kimmers too.

2 great sets from the kc jazz band. it really is impossible to pick any highlights cos it was all so good!  :D

8) 8) 8)
It was nice to meet you and your wife.  ;D

Here On My Own

« Reply #20 on: Tue, Aug 06, 2013, 11:25 AM »
I was wondering whether anyone could post the set-list from Saturdays the Queen's Hall gig ? I am especially keen on knowing what I missed as I took the 8 pm start time in the usual gig casual way. I thought I was keen arriving at 8:07 but I am guess one or two and a bit songs in !!

Leckers

« Reply #21 on: Tue, Aug 06, 2013, 14:37 PM »
Set 1: Russian Sailor Shirts/Esther's Planet/Friday Night In New York/Saffy Nool/Missionary/Curtain Craft/Favourite Girl/Home In A Sentence/Musakal Lives/Leslie/So Forlorn/Space In Jerusalem

Set 2: A Month Of Firsts/Nooks/No Clue Do You/John Taylor's Month Away/Cockle Shell/Jumping At The Cats/Homeboy/Doubles Underneath/Spystick/Little Man (Gummi Bako)/Circle My Demise/Not One Bit Ashamed/The Happy Song/Bubble/Turps/Twin Tub Twin

Dubster

« Reply #22 on: Tue, Aug 06, 2013, 17:07 PM »
Set 1: Russian Sailor Shirts/Esther's Planet/Friday Night In New York/Saffy Nool/Missionary/Curtain Craft/Favourite Girl/Home In A Sentence/Musakal Lives/Leslie/So Forlorn/Space In Jerusalem

Set 2: A Month Of Firsts/Nooks/No Clue Do You/John Taylor's Month Away/Cockle Shell/Jumping At The Cats/Homeboy/Doubles Underneath/Spystick/Little Man (Gummi Bako)/Circle My Demise/Not One Bit Ashamed/The Happy Song/Bubble/Turps/Twin Tub Twin

wow, what a cracking choice of songs to play.  wish I could have been there... :(

thebot

« Reply #23 on: Tue, Aug 06, 2013, 20:24 PM »
It really was a greatest hits set.  What a great night.  Great to hear Curtain Craft in particular.

michi_p

« Reply #24 on: Tue, Aug 06, 2013, 21:02 PM »

my...this sounds bloody brilliant. definitely the wrong night to miss.

Jackie

« Reply #25 on: Sun, Aug 11, 2013, 21:46 PM »
It really was a greatest hits set.  What a great night.  Great to hear Curtain Craft in particular.

Curtain Craft was my favourite of a fabulous set list -- not heard it live before.  Beautiful.