Author Topic: "from scotland with love" on the big screen  (Read 8340 times)

kwaing

"from scotland with love" on the big screen
« on: Sun, Jun 15, 2014, 20:46 PM »
following the BBC 2 Scotland transmission of FSWL on Sunday 22nd June at 10.00pm, there'll be a ‘cinema tour’ of the film, dates and times below. after each screening, director virginia heath and keyboard legend *des lawson* will provide cryptic and/or unintelligible As to all your awkward and/or embarrassing Qs ...

to whet your appetite, here are a few stills from the film and from the old fruitmarket performance:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b047lx52

Filmhouse, Edinburgh - Monday 25 August
Aberdeen Belmont - Tuesday 26 August
Dumfries Robert Burns Centre - Wednesday 27th August
Nottingham Broadway - Thursday 28th August
DCA, Dundee - Saturday 30 August
GFT, Glasgow - Sunday 31 August
Eden Court, Inverness - Saturday 6 September

*yours truly*, alas

kwaing x
« Last Edit: Mon, Jul 07, 2014, 22:14 PM by kwaing »

coriander

Re: "from scotland with love" on the big screen
« Reply #1 on: Sun, Jun 15, 2014, 20:50 PM »
Oooooh. The Inverness one looks like a wee maybe from us ... tis but 3 days after Changing Stations' 50th birthday, so looks like a fine way of extending the celebrations ... hmmmm!

czefski

« Reply #2 on: Sun, Jun 15, 2014, 22:23 PM »
DCA sounds good, will definitely make it along. Will need to think of a searching question for Des

baldpar

« Reply #3 on: Sun, Jun 15, 2014, 22:39 PM »
A trip over the bridge for me on the 25th  :)

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #4 on: Mon, Jun 16, 2014, 02:10 AM »
A trip over the bridge for me on the 25th  :)

And a trip from Ikea-land for me  8)

arab

« Reply #5 on: Fri, Jun 27, 2014, 19:20 PM »
ooft the dca one would be splendid.  kind of depends if something has or is happening around then tho...

fingers crossed we can make it

czefski

« Reply #6 on: Fri, Jun 27, 2014, 19:30 PM »
ooft the dca one would be splendid.  kind of depends if something has or is happening around then tho...

fingers crossed we can make it

Hopefully see you there.

coriander

« Reply #7 on: Fri, Jun 27, 2014, 22:22 PM »
Kwaing dearest - we would love to book 4 tickets for the Eden Court date on 6th Sept. It's not up on their online booking yet. Any tips?

kwaing

« Reply #8 on: Sun, Jun 29, 2014, 12:46 PM »
faction north is the film company dealing with these screenings, and is usually bang up to speed when it comes to announcing dates etc. with twits & facepokes ... hence me knowing nothing about any of it  :)

coriander

« Reply #9 on: Thu, Jul 03, 2014, 18:55 PM »
faction north is the film company dealing with these screenings, and is usually bang up to speed when it comes to announcing dates etc. with twits & facepokes ... hence me knowing nothing about any of it  :)

Still nothing up on the Eden Court site, or the Faction North one for that matter, but our mate Stewie has found another vague reference to it somewhere or other ... enough to make that our official plan for the weekend. Hurrah!
Feel free to insult Changing Stations about his age. He'll be approaching SAGA territory by then...

kastore

« Reply #10 on: Tue, Aug 26, 2014, 02:26 AM »
Just saw this at The Filmhouse tonight. I'd highly recommend it.
KC was there and played (part of) a song that was axed from the film, to do with kids playing with toy weapons and wanting to be mature and then growing up and ending up in the trenches wanting their mothers.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the song is called and where I might be able to get a hold of it. I'd really like to hear it again.
If he's playing at the other film screenings and he starts playing it, for god's sake, tell him to play all of it!

kwaing

« Reply #11 on: Tue, Aug 26, 2014, 09:59 AM »
I shall indeed attempt to play, what feels like, all 17 verses of it as the tour goes on - I saw a few folks leaving and thought I should probably move things along, give folks a chance to make last orders in the Golf.

The song title is "(unaware of) the grip", for now at least, and I'm hoping that Catriona McKay and Chris Stout like it enough for our February collaboration in the Queen's Hall.

As it turned out I missed last orders in the Golf by 10 minutes - despite it being only 10.45pm I was told with a smile that "the bar shuts at 11 o'clock tonight, Darlin'".

hallav

« Reply #12 on: Tue, Aug 26, 2014, 12:36 PM »
If it's any help I don't think the bars ever close in Nottingham.

See you Thursday Des.

Jackie

« Reply #13 on: Fri, Aug 29, 2014, 09:31 AM »
Really enjoyed the screening in Nottingham last night and was really pleased to see how well attended it was. Loved the songs that didn't make the film. Especially "the grip" :'(
Thanks KC and Virginia - now where on earth am I going to put that massive poster??

Glyn

« Reply #14 on: Fri, Aug 29, 2014, 13:46 PM »
Good to see you again last night Jackie; it's been a while! Big thanks to Kenny and Virginia for a wonderful film.