Author Topic: "from scotland with love" on the big screen  (Read 8350 times)

Jackie

Re: "from scotland with love" on the big screen
« Reply #15 on: Fri, Aug 29, 2014, 17:21 PM »
Good to see you again last night Jackie; it's been a while! Big thanks to Kenny and Virginia for a wonderful film.
and you - sorry if I was rambling.  Visiting BrewDog before hand was possibly not the best move ::)

Reg Banks

« Reply #16 on: Sun, Aug 31, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Dundee last night was good.

There a lot of Cargill's in Crail it transpires.

czefski

« Reply #17 on: Sun, Aug 31, 2014, 19:48 PM »
Imagine our surprise when on Mull last week we popped into An Tobar to see Gogs and Ester and what should they be showing on Friday night but FSWL. It was very well received by the locals, the sound was excellent, nice sork Gogs and it was great to see AJM, Ester and Gogs again.

Hop on the ferry and hot foot it to Dundee to see it again with the Q&A and outakes set. I bottled asking the 2 questions I had considered:

1 - Have you found anyone else who calls a play piece their Leaf Piece?
2 - Given it's sweeping portrayal of the lifespan of a Scottish character, did you ever consider using La-Di-Da-Di-Dum in the soundtrack?

A very enjoyable night, pity we couldn't stay longer to have a drink with Kwaing, the merch desk must have proved popular.

Toucann

« Reply #18 on: Sun, Aug 31, 2014, 21:52 PM »

Czeski - I have always called it my leaf piece - maybe it's an east neuk thing? 

Jackie

« Reply #19 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 04:57 AM »
I would like to have asked "What is the most idiotic question you have been asked so far".  I think the prize in Nottingham might have gone to the woman who said "The film shows life in the cities, the country and in the coastal villages - what about the other bits of Scotland"????? ???

czefski

« Reply #20 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 07:21 AM »
I would like to have asked "What is the most idiotic question you have been asked so far".  I think the prize in Nottingham might have gone to the woman who said "The film shows life in the cities, the country and in the coastal villages - what about the other bits of Scotland"????? ???

A guy in Dundee asked why the film only showed the workers and not the bosses. Virginia politely answered that the bosses aren't that interesting.

kwaing

« Reply #21 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 10:22 AM »

The chat wasn't so great - when will these organisations realise that filming for online content only serves to lessen the spontaneity and wit by putting a'body on edge ... I was on a roll until I saw the red light blinking away furiously  >:(

Reg Banks

« Reply #22 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 11:40 AM »

The chat wasn't so great - when will these organisations realise that filming for online content only serves to lessen the spontaneity and wit by putting a'body on edge ... I was on a roll until I saw the red light blinking away furiously  >:(

The consensus was that the bloke form the Art College was the problem.

losttheplot

« Reply #23 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 13:16 PM »
Imagine our surprise when on Mull last week we popped into An Tobar to see Gogs and Ester and what should they be showing on Friday night but FSWL. It was very well received by the locals, the sound was excellent, nice sork Gogs and it was great to see AJM, Ester and Gogs again.

Hop on the ferry and hot foot it to Dundee to see it again with the Q&A and outakes set. I bottled asking the 2 questions I had considered:

1 - Have you found anyone else who calls a play piece their Leaf Piece?
2 - Given it's sweeping portrayal of the lifespan of a Scottish character, did you ever consider using La-Di-Da-Di-Dum in the soundtrack?

A very enjoyable night, pity we couldn't stay longer to have a drink with Kwaing, the merch desk must have proved popular.

Was always a leaf piece in kdy when I was growing up. Wonder how far west that went, anyone from dunfermline , or further west, use the same term?

Leckers

« Reply #24 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 13:37 PM »
mrs leckers says her family
used it in lochgelly. any
further west hubbers? and
anyone know why leaf piece?

fuctifano

« Reply #26 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 14:20 PM »
I'm sure I remember my gran saying leaf piece. she lived in Baillieston, Glasgow.

Deegers

« Reply #27 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 14:24 PM »
here is a leaf piece.......

Goat -------> Hat----------> Goan----------------------->

Rosti

« Reply #28 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 15:44 PM »
here is a leaf piece.......

Goat -------> Hat----------> Goan----------------------->

From left to right at statue.
DGS, 50 Shades, the Bridge, etc…….