Author Topic: 3 on this island  (Read 633 times)

fuctifano

3 on this island
« on: Fri, Jul 18, 2014, 23:27 PM »
sorry if this has it's own thread elsewhere.

Just having my 2/3rd listen. Thanks for looking after this for me The Bots :)

what a mighty fine record! I know FSWL is the 'big' album this year and I've not heard it yet but we all know it'll be ace. I can't think of any musician who could come out with two records like this in a year. 3 on this island seems so effortless - obv its not effortless given some of the subject matter, but its so well put together and sounds just perfect.
Threes sounds biting and catchy ( a nice side dish to the lies one off dewars album?)
Bodes unwell really stood out on sure and steadfast and sounds even better here?
Chance over the odds - just perfect. 8)
shipping forecast - this is sort of what I mean by effortless. just a great wee song that other singers would love to come away with but is perhaps dwarfed by the songs either side of it?
Tallulah - heartbreaking piece of music & lyrics. too short!

Search party for one - most melancholy krautrock song ever?! even a bit of beta band maybe?
Penny drops - I could see this being a big band kc hit in about 4 years. did I say biting?
Yellow Alert - a song about nothing much but still one of the most beautiful songs I've heard for ages. no that im sentimental but... :'(
Kirby Grips - sorry still a bit emotional here...*clears throat, wipes eyes* That bit where the vocal line becomes a bit clearer. that.
Piece of work -  :-X ;)

I'm sure others would do a much better 'review' but really I just wanted to say that this album is a real treat.
Obviously it's hard to say where it comes in the kc top 50 (60?) but it's gotta be up there near the very top.
And we all know that's about as high praise as you can get.
KC nails it again shocker ;)

Jackie

Re: 3 on this island
« Reply #1 on: Sat, Jul 19, 2014, 11:22 AM »
Great review Mr Fano.

Search Party For One is my song of 2014 so far and that's saying something given how much good stuff I have heard.

rainmaker

Re: 3 on this island
« Reply #2 on: Sat, Jul 19, 2014, 12:02 PM »
Was hoping to get to a KC gig this Summer sometime and get this album. But looks like I'll have to wait until it goes on general sale in September. something took look forward to I suppose.