Author Topic: Bunfight - September 2014  (Read 10337 times)

GingerInBeta

Re: Bunfight - September 2014
« Reply #15 on: Wed, Sep 03, 2014, 12:14 PM »
Hello folks, just got my ticket through this morning. Cheers Kenny. Postcard is up in the kitchen.

To my shame, this is my first visit to this part of the World and I'm looking for a little advice. I'm planning to get the train to Leuchars and cycle (thereby virtually guaranteeing some sort of hurricane - sorry) round the coast, arrive, lunch, drink, dance etc etc. My current plan is to camp in my tiny tent. I can't find any local camp sites. Does anyone know one I could use? I'm happy to wild camp if anyone knows a spot but I don't want to step on anyone's toes and pitch up where someone would be unhappy. Any advice gratefully received.

See you all there,
Ginge

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #16 on: Wed, Sep 03, 2014, 13:03 PM »
Ginge, depending on which way the wind is blowing, there's some space on the shoreline opposite the pig farm on the Fife Coastal Path between Cellardyke and Crail.  Have pitched there a couple of times in the past, last in April for a couple of nights when the long grasses were still flattened from winter, imagine they'll be tall right now but easily flattened to pitch tent and afford some privacy from the path and the pigs.  No noise or odour from the piggery (though any breeze there was, was off the sea/East), there's a public loo a short walk away towards Cellardyke and the one on the harbour in Anstruther has showers for a small fee (and there's always the Cellardyke pool for a cooling dip).

Not sure if it's a road bike or MTB you'll be on but, if MTB you could join the coastal path at Crail and pedal along until you reach the piggery (just beyond the large walled house with the orange roof) or if by road, head out of Crail on the A917 Anstruther road and turn left (signposted Caiplie) just after passing Bankhead Farm (on your right).

There are potential pitches off the path between Anstruther and Pittenweem as well but, the aforementioned one possibly gets a little less human traffic.

GingerInBeta

« Reply #17 on: Wed, Sep 03, 2014, 13:29 PM »
lolsmit, can't thank you enough, found it on the map and that looks ideal. I'll bring my trunks for a dip in Cellardyke pool. If you hear a noise like a small child weeping - that'll be me getting in. Hope I can get you a pint at the Bunfight.
All the best,
Ginge

Reg Banks

« Reply #18 on: Wed, Sep 03, 2014, 13:55 PM »
And to make it better still the pigs have gone.

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #19 on: Wed, Sep 03, 2014, 15:03 PM »
And to make it better still the pigs have gone.
Thanks for the update, Rog, I'll miss those guys.  The old place won't be the same without them.  :P

thebot

« Reply #20 on: Wed, Sep 03, 2014, 19:23 PM »
Swimming session you say?  Sunday morning, after football?

DiBa

« Reply #21 on: Thu, Sep 04, 2014, 13:22 PM »
Just a bit of clarification folks, mibee can't see the wood for the trees here

On the procurement of an alcohol licence that allows under 18s to attend the Bunfight.

Does that allow grown ups to bring their own bottle/swallay and make a donation?

Or is there a bar at the venue?

kwaing

« Reply #22 on: Thu, Sep 04, 2014, 14:57 PM »
Bar at venue, no BYOB this time

fuctifano

« Reply #23 on: Fri, Sep 12, 2014, 15:50 PM »
So next week...

If it wasn't for moonhop on Thursday and bunfight at the weekend it would be looking pretty tricky, what with the Eurovision thing n'all.

BRING ON THE BUNS!!!

Debbie

« Reply #24 on: Fri, Sep 19, 2014, 13:16 PM »
I don't suppose there is a wee ticket left? Not working the weekend anymore and would love to make the gig. Thanks

kwaing

« Reply #25 on: Fri, Sep 19, 2014, 13:20 PM »
Tickets (a few) will be on the door.

Debbie

« Reply #26 on: Fri, Sep 19, 2014, 13:43 PM »
Fantastic. Anywhere I can buy one today?

kwaing

« Reply #27 on: Fri, Sep 19, 2014, 15:29 PM »
Yes, the Community Kist, High Street, Anstruther

rainmaker

« Reply #28 on: Sat, Sep 20, 2014, 06:28 AM »
I hope everyone that's going has a great time. I was supposed to be going but stuck in Angola for an extra 10 days, so far.  :( At least my daughter's going to pick up a couple of albums for me.

GingerInBeta

« Reply #29 on: Sun, Sep 21, 2014, 17:40 PM »
Just home and I'm still buzzing. That was a great night and I wanted to say thanks to all for organising it. I didn't really know what to expect in terms of music but I would never have predicted that line up. Brilliant variety and all of it good.
Anstruther was beautiful too, some quality cycling and camping.
I hope to be back soon.
Cheers,
Ginge