Author Topic: F.A.Q.s (from 2 or less people)  (Read 8266 times)

AETC

• Global Moderator
F.A.Q.s (from 2 or less people)
« on: Wed, Jan 27, 2021, 21:39 PM »

1. Will there be a repeat of the Coinneach Macandrais ‘it’s a sort of Burns’ Night Special’?

As the (thinks-he’s) great man said, “same time, same time, same place ... see you all next yeuhrl” so we’ll maybe even get to hear his other song one of these Burns’ Nights.

2. With things as they are, and likely to continue for some time, can the JAMP Patreons expect the 3 tier subscription model to roll on beyond the first 12 months?

It’s looking like we’ll create a single, low cost subscription, one size fits all, of exclusive digital only content and then open an online shop of sorts to tempt you all with small numbers of handmade rarities from back then, now and beyond.

3. Will there be a chance to buy older titles that were only available at the gigs of yesteryear, in particular the Bard and the Ugly Twosome?

A return to live music looks unlikely for a good while yet, so as we say in the nudist camp, please ‘bare’ with us as we re-jig the JAMP Patreon page and see about getting the fence elves back to work.

As always thank you all for helping to keep the good ship JAMP afloat.

kwaing

Re: F.A.Q.s (from 2 or less people)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Jan 27, 2021, 21:40 PM »
There’s another song?

Leckers

« Reply #2 on: Thu, Jan 28, 2021, 19:52 PM »
braw.  :)

kwaing

« Reply #3 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 11:38 AM »
I’ve just started writing a piece on the JAMP story thus far for the spring jampzine with last night’s YouTube chat between Molten Modular and Steve Davis (yup) ringing joyously in my ears, and had this thought:- Maybe y’all could pose some music/song/album/event related questions for yours truly?

If nothing else it’ll give me an excuse to dodge homeschool teaching for an hour or two, liven up the Hub, and maybe generate some content for the ‘zine. Yay.

czefski

« Reply #4 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 16:02 PM »
I'll go first. What is the background to the lyric, 'I learned from the Gaels that the Viennese have a vacancy for a brand new Santa Claus'?

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #5 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 16:20 PM »
Speaking of the 3 tier subscription model, is there any point in upgrading to the high jamp from raspberry at this stage, since you may be about to introduce a single tier model?

By the way, the bureaucracy is a wee bit kafkaesque unless you're ocd and like these inscrutable types of thing. :o

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #6 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 16:32 PM »
I've got an event question.  Back in the mists of yesteryear when you had your gammy leg and plaster, there was a gig where towards the very end, you were singing front of stage when an american broad came barreling through the mass of bodies, shouting "I love you Kenny..."  she tried to hug you but succeeded in knocking you to the ground where you very cooly continued the song from your prone position, microphone in hand.  She ran back into the crowd mortified.  All very hilarious.  So the question is: where and what was the gig (it was in Crail, possibly the town hall or legion club)  and what song were you singing? 

If anyone can shed some light, please do - it's a small hole in my memory.

Sunday_Boy

« Reply #7 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 16:55 PM »
I'd be interested to know whence Phil Jupitus sprung

czefski

« Reply #8 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 18:48 PM »
I've got an event question.  Back in the mists of yesteryear when you had your gammy leg and plaster, there was a gig where towards the very end, you were singing front of stage when an american broad came barreling through the mass of bodies, shouting "I love you Kenny..."  she tried to hug you but succeeded in knocking you to the ground where you very cooly continued the song from your prone position, microphone in hand.  She ran back into the crowd mortified.  All very hilarious.  So the question is: where and what was the gig (it was in Crail, possibly the town hall or legion club)  and what song were you singing? 

My resident historian reckons it was upstairs in the Town Hall. I seem to think Kimmers has been MIA ever since.

kwaing

« Reply #9 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 19:21 PM »
I'll go first. What is the background to the lyric, 'I learned from the Gaels that the Viennese have a vacancy for a brand new Santa Claus'?

In my search for something decent to listen to on the radio, and having spun the dial past the best on offer - a Paul Simon track (I really like Paul Simon but as good as he is i’ve heard Call Me Al one too many times) - I found a Gaelic programme on Radio Scotland. Having heard what I thought sounded most like ‘Viennese’ ‘vacancy’ and ‘Santa Claus’ in amongst the indecipherable stream of Gaelic I reckoned it would be funny to admit to being one of those folks who claim to know a foreign language but who obviously have no idea, whilst hoping for a Christmas number one at the same time.

I do have a bit of French all the same. A better story is that whilst waiting to play a festival in Poland with Jon Hopkins in 2012, a repeat appearance for JH having stormed the dance tent the year before, we agreed to do interviews, one of them for an Austrian music paper. We were asked if we knew we’d been played quite a bit on the Austrian equivalent of daytime Radio One, at which JH puffed up his feathers somewhat and then began to down play our Mercury nod, Bats In The Attic remix, blah, at which point the interviewer butted in with “oh no - it was the song Doubles Underneath”.

“That’s nothing” says I “you want to see the star treatment I get at Kilrenny Church Teas”.

kwaing

« Reply #10 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 19:27 PM »
Speaking of the 3 tier subscription model, is there any point in upgrading to the high jamp from raspberry at this stage, since you may be about to introduce a single tier model?

By the way, the bureaucracy is a wee bit kafkaesque unless you're ocd and like these inscrutable types of thing. :o

I’ll say ‘yes’ because I already know three of the tracks to feature on February’s album of the month, and we’re planning something quite special for a ‘live’ last hurrah in March. You’ll get the printed ‘zine whether Raspberry or High in March, of course, and whilst we might extend the viewing of the last hurrah to both these tiers, the Highs will get something extra and physical.

Hope that helps.

kwaing

« Reply #11 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 19:36 PM »

It was the World Tour Of Crail, and yes, Kim bowled me right over in the Town Hall upstairs. I was singing the lines

“now’s the time to throw yourselves at me
  oh wives of the footloose and fancy free”

from the JY song “Marriagewreckers”, not thinking for one second anyone would take it quite so literally.

Kim’s husband was very nice about it, and the 3 of us settled down for a few years up near Auchmithie.

kwaing

« Reply #12 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 19:42 PM »
I'd be interested to know whence Phil Jupitus sprung

Even at a stretch I don’t think this can be considered event related. Is it another line from a JY song?

Leckers

« Reply #13 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 20:45 PM »
aff the tap o my heid...

1. does een know about pie in the sky?

2. was there a particular moment that
you realised the fence thing was fucked?
or was it a gradual realisation that it wasn’t
going the way you envisaged.

3. will there ever be a kc hms g duet album?
as everyone knows love + hate is a fucking
masterpiece.

4. have you ever considered doing more
kompanion sets for your albums? the pf
c06 is one of my most played kc discs.

5. you like to reinterpret your own work.
any plans to revisit classics the soak and
jack shit.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #14 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 21:46 PM »
when you get a bit of time after answering leckers theres this:
I was singing the lines
 “now’s the time to throw yourselves at me
  oh wives of the footloose and fancy free”

from the JY song “Marriagewreckers”, not thinking for one second anyone would take it quite so literally.

Kim’s husband was very nice about it, and the 3 of us settled down for a few years up near Auchmithie.

I know fine you would never finish a gig with a JY song so that's a filthy fib!

I did live in a commune in Auchmithie for a few years around that time with several wives and I remember you zooming around on a motorcycle, all three of you. Happy days.