Author Topic: F.A.Q.s (from 2 or less people)  (Read 8265 times)

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
Re: F.A.Q.s (from 2 or less people)
« Reply #300 on: Thu, Apr 22, 2021, 01:33 AM »

(N.B. The intentional yet uncharacteristic use of words like ‘prickly’, ‘aisle’, ‘the nod’ and ‘baggage carousel’ etc.)

I’ve NB’d as instructed but I’m stumped.  What does this signify? It does have mild film noir overtones, I guess.

ravedamage

« Reply #301 on: Thu, Apr 22, 2021, 08:15 AM »

I’ve played a few REM songs live over the years - the SDO had “Me In Honey” in the set for about a year - and I recorded “So. Central Rain” in 1994 or 5 on my old 4 track before I went all digital. My first choice now would be the untitled track 11 from Green, second choice E Bow the Letter? I too like Nightswimming.

Love that version of Untitled ye did years ago, you can still listen to it here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p00lfk81

ravedamage

« Reply #302 on: Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 14:46 PM »
Was having a nose around the BBC Sounds site and noticed you sat in for Jarvis on a Sunday Service back in 2017, dunno how I missed that at the time.

Tracklist looks good, nice to see you playing a Half Cormack track near the end. What was it like being a disc jockey, would ye fancy it as a regular gig?

And I don't suppose any Hubbers have a rip of it do they...?

kwaing

« Reply #303 on: Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 18:04 PM »
Absolutely nerve wracking - but made easier by having Sushil from the Burns Unit producing.

I’ve never gotten used to hearing my speaking voice on tape, so i’d insist on speeding all my record choices up by 10 BPM so that when they’re pitch corrected for broadcast my voice would be slowed up and pitched down with them.

Fingers crossed the Hubbers missed it too though  :)

Jackie

« Reply #304 on: Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 20:05 PM »
Well I definitely missed it!
You kept that one quiet😀

NichoBI

• My Website
« Reply #305 on: Tue, Apr 27, 2021, 12:36 PM »

You'll be happy/disappointed to hear that not everyone missed it. I've fond memories of it airing on my birthday and I've listened to it many a time since.
https://mir.isacsson.se/public/King%20Creosote%20sits%20in%20Jarvis%20Cocker%27s%20Sunday%20Service%202017-04-02.mp3

Kate

« Reply #306 on: Fri, Apr 30, 2021, 00:12 AM »

You'll be happy/disappointed to hear that not everyone missed it. I've fond memories of it airing on my birthday and I've listened to it many a time since.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing this! I’ve just listened to the first hour and look forward to the 2nd hour tomorrow night. I’ve saved the link incase it mysteriously vanishes from the page....
https://mir.isacsson.se/public/King%20Creosote%20sits%20in%20Jarvis%20Cocker%27s%20Sunday%20Service%202017-04-02.mp3

Kate

« Reply #307 on: Fri, Apr 30, 2021, 00:15 AM »
Not sure how I managed to type in the middle of the quote....